Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/18 06:12:20 UTC

[VOTE] The forth HBase 2.2.0 release candidate (RC4) is available

Please vote on this release candidate (RC) for Apache HBase 2.2.0.
This is the first release of the branch-2.2 line.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.
[] +1
[] +0/-0 Because ...
[] -1 Do not release this package because ...

The tag to be voted on is 2.2.0RC4. The release files, including
signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.0RC4/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1312

Signatures used for HBase RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.0 can be found in included
CHANGES.md and RELEASENOTES.md available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.0RC4/CHANGES.md
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.0RC4/RELEASENOTES.md

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.0RC4/api_compare_2.2.0RC4_to_2.1.4.html

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Guanghao Zhang

Re: [VOTE] The forth HBase 2.2.0 release candidate (RC4) is available

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
OK, confirmed, it is a typo in hbase-personality and I tried to build with
hadoop.profile=3.0, everything is fine. So I do not think it worth to sink
a RC. Let's continue.

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2019年5月18日周六 下午8:45写道:

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Our nightly is failing...

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com>.
Also ran the vote script. Having problems with some tests and need to dig more into them (not voting it down for now).

Built from src (1.8.0_202-ea): ok
Checksum and signatures: ok
Rat check: ok

From: Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Date: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 6:46 AM
To: HBase Dev List <de...@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] The forth HBase 2.2.0 release candidate (RC4) is available

I see it is flakey in the GCE build in our flakey list:
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-Find-Flaky-Tests/job/branch-2.2/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dashboard.html

... but not on our apache build list (perhaps the latter is filtered).

I'm not voting the RC down. Let me try and take a look at this test since
it fails reliably for me.

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 6:28 PM 张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com>> wrote:

TestSplitTransactionOnCluster is flaky from long ago... The test itself
need some refactoring

Stack <st...@duboce.net>> 于2019年5月21日周二 上午8:20写道:

> Ran the fancy new vote script. Nice. Checked sig. and hash as
just-in-case.

> It built from src and ran UTs. See below for a UT that won't pass for me.
>
> Release notes and changes are wonky.  Seems to be a global replace of
> version numbers with 2.2.0.
>
> Started it up, loaded data and confirmed it still there after a restart.

> [ERROR] Errors:
> [ERROR]

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestSplitTransactionOnCluster.org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestSplitTransactionOnCluster
> [ERROR]   Run 1: TestSplitTransactionOnCluster.tearDown:162 »
TestTimedOut
> test timed out after...
> [ERROR]   Run 2:

TestSplitTransactionOnCluster.org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestSplitTransactionOnCluster
> »
> [INFO]
> [ERROR]

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestSplitTransactionOnCluster.testRITStateForRollback(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestSplitTransactionOnCluster)
> [ERROR]   Run 1:
TestSplitTransactionOnCluster.testRITStateForRollback:229
> » TimeoutIO java.uti...
> [ERROR]   Run 2: TestSplitTransactionOnCluster.tearDown:162 »
InterruptedIO

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Biju N <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Biju N <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for pointing to the ticket Artem.

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Biju N <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guanghao,

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.
The problem in HBASE-22475 breaked the client-bin tarball, too. Will roll a
new RC... :-(

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2019年5月27日周一 上午8:30写道:

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
vote: 2.2.0 RC4
[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The forth HBase 2.2.0 release candidate (RC4) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+0 at this time

--
Best regards,