Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2005/01/04 21:18:01 UTC

Re: cvs commit: logging-log4j/src/java/org/apache/log4j/net SMTPAppender.java

Hello Scott,

Since we have the possibility of configuring sub-components of
components, the expression parameter should be added to instances of
the appropriate TriggeringEventEvaluator. Once of the reasons behind
the development of Joran was to address the problem of configuring
sub-components of components and in particular passing parameters to
TriggeringEventEvaluator instances was a major motivation.

In other words, I think the expression parameter should be moved from
SMTPAppender into DefaultEvaluator or even to a new Evaluator class.

Also per the guidelines for log4j components [1], DefaultEvaluator
should not invoke LogManager.getLogger().

[1] http://www.qos.ch/logging/internalLogging.jsp

--
Ceki Gülcü