Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/12/13 15:24:22 UTC

Fw: new JAXP 1.2 TCK compliant branch created (xml-commons todo's)

I'm pretty sure Ilene is already looking at neilg's email below, but I
wanted to be sure that Xalanites are aware of these xml-commons changes.
No changes are required by users, but eventually we'll be sharing the same
exact source files for DOM/SAX/JAXP with xml-xerces, and these source
files will pass Sun's TCK (plus have some bugfixes!).

To-do's for Xalan include: updating the javax.xml.transform code in the
xml-commons tck-jaxp-1_2_0 branch with whatever similar updates are
needed; testing xml-xalan CVS with an xml-apis.jar built from these
sources; and if all's well, asking for an xml-commons/./external release
so that we can checkin the static xml-apis.jar and related sources into
xml-xalan.

Note the xml-commons community will need to develop a distribution
structure for an 'external' release now that xml-commons will be (unless
someone disagrees) shipping it's components separately
(external/which/resolver for now).

- Shane

---- on commons-dev@xml neilg@ca.ibm.com wrote ----