Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Marc <ph...@apache.org> on 2017/11/25 14:31:26 UTC

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi MiNiFI C++ 0.3.0 (RC1)

Hi,
  I'm canceling the vote per the licensing issue Tony found within our
LICENSE. I'm voting -1 and canceling in lieu of MINIFICPP-319 [1] . I will
create RC2 once that issue is addressed and merged.

 Thank you everyone!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-319

On Nov 24, 2017 11:31 AM, "Marc" <ph...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Tony,
   The version we are including is 5.7.0 ( this can be verified via
/thirdparty/rocksdb/include/rocksdb/version.h ). I think that [6] and [7]
apply to a version before, which implied to me that we were okay to include
rocksdb under the Apache License.

   This version includes a few LevelDB files, so you may be correct. I
vaguely recall the discussions in the ticket, but I can't remember the
justification for removing the LevelDB. I think there was some offline
discussion and perhaps a misunderstanding.

   The Apache License Howto [8] is clear on this, so I should not have
removed the LevelDB LICENSE section. Since IANAL I will allow anyone to
correct me before closing the RC and issuing another. Thanks for noticing
this.

   This caused me to double check the other deps and it appears that the
kafka dependency includes a few separately licensed files. Before
submitting a PR to resolve this I'll ensure that all third party
dependencies are included in our LICENSE file.

   [8 ]http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#deps-of-deps