Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Lesniak, Alek" <Al...@mdx.com> on 2000/12/19 17:47:34 UTC

Xalan and HP-UX

Hello,

I'm using Xalan to perform some XSL transformations on HP-UX 10.20.  I'm
having some strange
problems that seem to be specific to HP-UX (I'm new to this environment).  I
use cached stylesheet
objects to perform transformations on a set of input files.

When I call the process() method, the process appears to hang.  This works
fine on NT.  I have
a feeling that this problem may have something to do with threading on
HP-UX.  Has anyone
on HP-UX run into any kinds of issues similar to this?

HP-UX 10.20 (This is a multi-processor machine -- I believe)
java version "HP-UX Java C.01.18.03 05/12/2000 16:31:36 hkhd02"

Thank you in advance for any hints or tips.

-- Alex

The transformation code appears below:

public void process(String name, boolean reuse) {
    final String METHOD_NAME = "void process(String, boolean)";
    // Get the transform object
    StylesheetRoot style = (StylesheetRoot)_transforms.get(name);
    if (style != null) {
      // Perform the transformation
      try {
        _proc = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor();
        _proc.setStylesheet(style);
        // We hang here
        _proc.process(_in, null, _out);
        // Never get here
      } catch (SAXException e) {
        // Log the exception
        if (e instanceof SAXParseException) {
          SAXParseException ex = (SAXParseException)e;
          _log.logMessage(CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME, "Parse exception while
processing template: " + style);
          _log.logMessage(CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME, "Check that the XSL
template is valid.");
          _log.logMessage(CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME, "Line: " +
ex.getLineNumber() + " Col: " + ex.getColumnNumber());
        }
        _log.logException(CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME, e, _log.ERR_MAJOR);
      }
    }
  }