Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Nicolas Malin <ma...@librenberry.net> on 2012/04/30 18:00:07 UTC

Customer Return invoice and credit Note invoice

Hi all,

At present, credit note is managed by Customer Return Invoice
(CUST_RTN_INVOICE) and generated by an order return process.
if I am not mistaken, I didn't found how to generate a Credit Note from
an existing invoice. Is Credit Note different than Customer Return or is
same notion (My poor english limit me, for french : est ce que l'Avoir
correspond à la notion même notion portée par le type de facture
"Articles retournés").

If is same notion, I have created a patch to generate a Customer Return
from a sale invoice but the copyInvoice service and I will open a jira
to submit it. Else it will imply to add a new invoice type.

your suggests ?

Nicolas

--
Nicolas MALIN
Consultant

Re: Customer Return invoice and credit Note invoice

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ma...@librenberry.net>.
Le 30/04/2012 18:40, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Nicolas,
>
> The credit note is different to the Customer Return as it goes beyond just
> the return of goods or the order return process. A credit note can also be
> issued due to stating wrong prices on an invoice (as opposed to what has
> been agreed upon in contracts). It might the result of a renegotiation on
> pricing (effectively leading to a discount on past invoicing) It might also
> be the result of resolving a dispute of another kind between supplier and
> customer.
Right, but in french it's the same notion : Avoir ;)

I open a Jira  : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4848

Thanks for your comments pierre.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Nicolas,