Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2004/06/29 14:14:35 UTC

Can we compile against servlet spec 2.3?

Currently we compile against the servlet spec 2.2, but also have
the 2.3 version in our set of jars for the scratchpad.
Now, we are 99% independent of the version and I guess that if
we compile against the 2.3 version we still would run in a 2.2
environment.
So, can we just remove the 2.2 version and use everywhere the 2.3
specification?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://www.osoco.net/weblogs/rael/

Re: Can we compile against servlet spec 2.3?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Currently we compile against the servlet spec 2.2, but also have
>the 2.3 version in our set of jars for the scratchpad.
>Now, we are 99% independent of the version and I guess that if
>we compile against the 2.3 version we still would run in a 2.2
>environment.
>So, can we just remove the 2.2 version and use everywhere the 2.3
>specification?

+1

Sylvain

Re: Can we compile against servlet spec 2.3?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 29.06.2004 14:14, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Currently we compile against the servlet spec 2.2, but also have
> the 2.3 version in our set of jars for the scratchpad.
> Now, we are 99% independent of the version and I guess that if
> we compile against the 2.3 version we still would run in a 2.2
> environment.
> So, can we just remove the 2.2 version and use everywhere the 2.3
> specification?

I can understand that we switch to 2.3 for Cocoon 2.2 - but completely,
not just for compiling. Otherwise how will you make sure that a specific
change is still compatible to 2.2? So maybe we should simply start a
vote for switching to servlet spec 2.3 for Cocoon 2.2.

WDYT?

Joerg

Re: Can we compile against servlet spec 2.3?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> Currently we compile against the servlet spec 2.2, but also have
> the 2.3 version in our set of jars for the scratchpad.
> Now, we are 99% independent of the version and I guess that if
> we compile against the 2.3 version we still would run in a 2.2
> environment.
> So, can we just remove the 2.2 version and use everywhere the 2.3
> specification?

+1.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo