Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Austin Chungath <au...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/22 07:46:24 UTC

Multiuser setup on Hive

Hi,

I had been trying to set up a multi user environment for hive.
I have set up the hive metastore db in MySQL and hive works.

Consider this scenario:

user1 has created a database data1
user2 has created a database data2

Now user2 logs into hive and he is able to see and delete database data2

How do I prevent this?

Regards,
Austin

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
User 2 has the permission to delete database2 because he created it.
Did the OP mean that user1 can delete it?  If so there are permissions that would prevent that.

Mike Segel

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
That means a separate metastore per User / different port. Please have in mind, anyone should maintain this. On top, the user has to choose the right JDBC connection. I have my doubt on such a installation ;)

cheers,
 Alex

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Austin Chungath <au...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alex,

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Austin Chungath <au...@gmail.com>.
Typo, I meant "user2 logs into hive and he is able to see and delete
database data1"

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.

--