Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Urban <ju...@tulsacoxmail.com> on 2005/03/06 00:27:48 UTC

Re: Tomcat 5 / SSL / Digsigtrust Certificate...

I have sent my CSR and been approved and received my SSL Web server
certificate from Digsigtrust. I have having problems getting the SSL
certificate to install properly. I have tried every conceivable
combinations to getting my browser to NOT pop up the Security Alart
dialog. Most documentation I've read seems to tell me to import the CA
chain to my keystore first, then my signed certificate from Digsigtrust.
I've had no success.

My issue seems to be obtaining the correct Chain certificate from
Digsigtrust. Can someone advise me which is the closet server to Tomcat 5:

• Apache + Mod/Open SSL
• Apache Raven
• Microsoft Internet Information Server 5 and 6
• Microsoft Internet Information Server 4
• iPlanet Enterprise Server 4.1
• Domino 4.6 and Higher
• Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6.1
• Stronghold 3.0
• Others/Misc

This should be a step in the right direction.

Re: Tomcat 5 / SSL / Digsigtrust Certificate...

Posted by John Urban <ju...@tulsacoxmail.com>.
I figured it out.

I was importing the new signed cert to a new alias in my keystore,
rather than the original key I generated when I created the keystore.

And, Netscape's CA Chain certs work with JBoss/Tomcat5.