Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mudit Kumar <mu...@askme.in> on 2016/04/25 10:14:16 UTC

Kafka Monitoring using JMX Mbeans

Hi,

Have anyone setup any monitoring using Mbeans ?What kind of command line tools been used?

Thanks,
Mudit

RE: Kafka Monitoring using JMX Mbeans

Posted by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>.
We use Zenoss and AppDynamics for other tools that export metric via JMX and plan to use them for Kafka.  Those are both commercial tools.

-Dave

We used a dockerized zabbix, one of the advantages of zabbix is that it has, jmx readout, creation of items, graphs, alerts in one product. Also how long to keep the history can be set for each item. The interface is not very intuitive though.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:14 AM Mudit Kumar <mu...@askme.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have anyone setup any monitoring using Mbeans ?What kind of command
> line tools been used?
>
> Thanks,
> Mudit
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.

Re: Kafka Monitoring using JMX Mbeans

Posted by Gerard Klijs <ge...@dizzit.com>.

Posted by Alexis Lê-Quôc <al...@datadoghq.com>.
And if you're looking for some background on the various kafka metrics, we
put a guide together:
https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/monitoring-kafka-performance-metrics/

Posted by 马哲超 <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetić <ot...@gmail.com>.