Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Kumuda Rajarshi <ku...@learningmate.com> on 2001/05/22 12:51:35 UTC

RE: How to store Schema separately and xml separately and still v alidate the xml against the schema

Hello,
My question was, If my XML refers more than one schema's then how to
represent those in
factory.setAttribute.
In the example u have givenonly one schema ie.,
d:/directoryWhereYourSchemaIsStored/nameOfTheSchema.xsd".
But if have like that 3, then how to set the Attribute?

factory.setAttribute("http://apache
org/xml/properties/schema/external-schemaLocation", "http://yournamespace
com " + "d:/directoryWhereYourSchemaIsStored/nameOfTheSchema.xsd");

 Thank you
From: xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org
Date: Monday, April 22, 2002 03:18:57 PM
To: 'xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org'
alidate the xml against the schema

Hello,

You have to options : either enter the full path to the schema in your xml
file, or set it programmatically.

To have the full path in the xml instance document :

<root xmlns="http://www.yournamespace.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3
org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.yournamespace
com file://thePathToSchema">

To set it programmatically :
DocumentBuilderFactory factory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
factory.setAttribute("http://apache
org/xml/properties/schema/external-schemaLocation", "http://yournamespace
com " + thePathToSchema);

Hope this Helps,