Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2016/12/06 21:10:03 UTC

Please introduce yourself

Hi,

It would be a nice idea if everyone introduced themselves and tell each other what their involvement with this project is or will be.

I’m Justin Mclean, I’m a freelance developer and have been programming for over 25 years. I’m based in Sydney, Australia.

Over the last 5 years I’ve been involved in a number of Apache Projects including Apache Flex and the Incubator and help mentor a number (mostly IoT related) Apache projects including RocketMQ.

In my spare time I play about with electronics, run the IoT Sydney meetup, and do a bit of teaching and speaking at conferences.

If you need help with Apache process or policy (I tend to do a lot on releases and licensing) just ask and I or one of the other mentors will do our best to help out.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Please introduce yourself

Posted by Xiaorui Wang <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

My name is Xiaorui Wang(Apache Id is vintagewang), RocketMQ project’s
co-founder.

I've been an architect and engineer for over 10 years in alibaba, I have 5
years CORBA related expirence, and now I live in Hangzhou, ZheJiang
 Province in China.

I am an active open source software committer and has been an active
contributor to several projects in Alibaba, Apache community and Google
Code.

I'm happy to  donate RocketMQ project to ASF. we want to absorb more people
join us, helping our community to be more health, more active and more
atrtractive.:-)

Xiaorui Wang

Posted by yukon <zh...@xinyu.im>.
Hi, Guys

I'm yukon, My Chinese pinyin name is Xinyu Zhou. I worked as a software
engineer in Alibaba after receiving my master degree in computer science.

I have some experience in cloud computing(OpenStack, Cloud Foundry),
distributed system design and performance tuning, especially in message
queue.

I am a open source fanatics, it is really a great pleasure to contribute to
Apache RocketMQ for me. I wish RocketMQ can toward a more health, global
direction with ASF.

Let's boom~

Regards,
yukon

Posted by Zhanhui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, All

Posted by Von Gosling <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

Posted by Longda Feng <zh...@alibaba-inc.com>.
hi
I's Longda Feng, I have been working for 12 years, in the first 3 years, I focused on Linux Kernel Driver, especially graphics field, in the next three years, I focused on distributed filesystem, in the last six years, I focused on distributed computing field, I am tech lead of jstorm (please refer to jstorm.io). From 2013 September, I began to envolve in open source communities and Apache. I am one of the Apache Storm PMCs, committers of Weex. Right now, I am interested in big data field, especially about streaming process, such as Spark, Flink, Samza, Beam, Apex and so. I found this field is so hot that it contiuously occur new exciting technology.
I am one of the first users of RocketMq, in the begining of RocketMq (it's about 2011 October), I raised a lot of requirement to RocketMq, even modify some client code. I have been taken charge of RocketMq Cluster in Alipay (One of sub corporations of Alibaba) in 2012. I have used 3 serials version of RocketMq. Currently, the latest version of RocketMq is 3.x. In one word, I am the die-hard fan of RocketMq.
I believe that RocketMq is one of the best message systems. I wish more people can use it. I will try to setup the bridge  between RocketMq and other Systems, like Spark/Flink/Storm andso on.
CheersLongda------------------------------------------------------------------From:John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>Send Time:2016年12月7日(星期三) 06:43To:dev <de...@rocketmq.incubator.apache.org>Subject:Re: Please introduce yourself

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,