Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Robert Nicholson <ro...@elastica.com> on 2004/01/19 08:49:33 UTC

Struts configuration not lazy?

Yesterday I spent a long time trying to figure out why my
struts-config.xml wasn't being processed and it turned out I'd omitted
the <load-on-startup> from my action servlet configuration.

I was wondering if it was possible to have the abstract tags lazily
configure also. Specifically I had jsp's with custom struts tags that
were complaining they couldn't find actions-mappings or form-bean
definitions.

Why couldn't the struts configuration also be lazily configured via the
abstract tag handlers. This would have saved me a lot of time
yesterday.