Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Mingchun Zhao <mi...@rondhuit.com> on 2023/04/21 09:32:57 UTC

[TOKYO Lucene/Solr meet-up] ~ Neural search: Fine-tuning a Multi-language model & Product retrieval based on online reviews ~

Hi everyone!

We, the Solr community in Tokyo, will hold an online meet-up on 26 April
2023 at 10:30 JST (25 April 2023 at 18:30 PDT, 26 April 2023 at 02:30 CET).
The main topics of this presentation are the approaches for using Solo 9’s
Neural Search features.
Participation link: https://meet.google.com/cdh-zuun-uqu
There will be two sessions in this meeting.

The first will focus on the topic of "Neural search the Solr Manual in
multiple languages Using a multi-language model".
You know The Solr Reference Guide:
https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/index.html is available only in
English at the moment, but we have made it possible to perform Neural
Search in Japanese by fine-tuning a multi-language model.
Please search for "security settings" or "customizing similarity function"
on the "Solr manual search demo site" as below.
https://demo.rondhuit.com/solr-manual

The second will focus on the topic of "Searching for your favorite car
model".
Users provide diverse and valuable information on their online product
reviews. We employ this information to characterize products using a
Japanese language model and performing semantic search to adjust the
results to the users' needs.
In order to summarize multiple user reviews for one car model, We used some
OpenAI API(paid) to create a summary sentence and vectorize the
characteristics of the car model. We have prepared a demo, and we will also
share with you the feeling of using the OpenAI API and its cost.

We usually don't announce our meet-up here because the speakers speak
Japanese,
but this time, 100% of speakers have their speeches in English, so we
wanted to announce it.
We look forward to your participation.

The participation link: https://meet.google.com/cdh-zuun-uqu
The event page: https://solr.doorkeeper.jp/events/155335

Thanks!

Re: [TOKYO Lucene/Solr meet-up] ~ Neural search: Fine-tuning a Multi-language model & Product retrieval based on online reviews ~

Posted by Atita Arora <at...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for sharing these, Mingchun!

Posted by Mingchun Zhao <mi...@rondhuit.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@rondhuit.com>.
Hi!

Posted by Mingchun Zhao <mi...@rondhuit.com>.
Hi Alessandro,

Posted by kumar gaurav <kg...@gmail.com>.
HI Mingchun

I have the same request. Can you please record the meeting and send it to
us?

It's very early in my country as well.

Lots of thanks 🙏

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 at 22:20, Alessandro Benedetti <

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <be...@gmail.com>.
Great Mingchun!

Posted by Mingchun Zhao <mi...@rondhuit.com>.
Hi ufuk,

Thank you for contacting us.

> Will it be recorded and uploaded somewhere to watch later? Because it
will start at 04:30 in where I live.

We’ll consider it and get back to you.
Kind regards,
Mingchun

Posted by ufuk yılmaz <uy...@vivaldi.net.INVALID>.
Hello,

Posted by Mingchun Zhao <mi...@rondhuit.com>.
Hi everyone!

Please let me inform the English Version "Solr manual search demo site" as
below,
https://demo.rondhuit.com/en/solr-manual
I informed you about the Japanese version of the site in the previous email.

Thanks.