Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Guri <gu...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/29 22:17:18 UTC

Re: Sending a multipart message with http client nio causes the UnsupportedOperationException exception

Hi Oleg,

Can you please suggest something similar to below for streaming large
messages sent over wire to NIO server using HttpClient 3x ? Can't move to 4x
presently, hence need to figure out a way where i can send the message in
parts, without loading same into memory.

thanks
Guri

olegk wrote:

>> as i

>> > HttpCore NIO fully supports content streaming. There are presently no
>> > plans to develop multipart library based on NIO.
>> >
>> > Oleg

>> May be i am missing something in the api because i am a newbie on nio.
>> Can you tell me where to find an example showing the streaming of large
>> amount of data using the http nio ?
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core-4.0.1/tutorial/html/nio.html#d0e1632
>

>> In fact to be more clear on my need, i would like to send a multipart
>> message made of some string body and an input stream body that contains a
>> video. In this case, i expected to find a NMultipartEntity in the api the
>> same way as NByteArrayEntity and others...
>
> HC is not a commercial product. It is a community driven project. The
> overwhelming majority of code in the project was contributed by
> individual contributors. NMultipartEntity is not there because nobody
> contributed it.
>
>> May be there is an other way to do that but i don't know... Do you have
>> any
>> sample on that ?
>
> I already mentioned blocking I/O compatibility protocol handlers in my
> your case, you could still use throttling protocol handler described
> here:
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core-4.0.1/tutorial/html/nio.html#d0e2107
>
> Oleg

-----

Cheers,
Guri :)

Re: Sending a multipart message with http client nio causes the UnsupportedOperationException exception

Posted by Gurmeet Budhraja <gu...@gmail.com>.
Actually i need to stream large Http Request to server, using Http NIO
server and don't want to load same into memory before sending. I am using
httpclient3x.

Any way to do so in httpClient 3x would be of great help. Please suggest
ASAP.