Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2011/11/01 01:41:55 UTC

Re: manage the ReportingSchedule

David Crossley wrote:
> > The Incubator ReportingSchedule needs better management.
> >
> > At the moment it is manually maintained.
> >
> > http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule
> >
> > Podlings are expected to manage their entry.
> > Add to it when they enter the Incubator, tweak it
> > after their initial three months, and remove themselves
> > when they graduate.
>
> Would podlings please verify their entries in the
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule
> especially the ones in the Monthly section.

Hmmm, no-one bothered.

So as usual, Clutch automatically adds those to
this month's set of projects to report.

Also i commenced this month's reporting template
on the Wiki.

The ones that might seem to be in error are:
OpenOffice.org
Kafka
Oozie
Deft
ODFToolkit
Giraph

The reason that you are scheduled to report this
month is because you are still listed in the
"monthly" section of:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule

It is up to each project to decide when you are scheduled
and to maintain that page.

Normally projects would move themselves onto the Quarterly
schedule after their initial stint. Of course any project
can choose to provide additional reports.

-David

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Is it not possible to change the page (and Clutch) to include the month
that they join the incubator? That way, clutch can decide for itself
whether they should be reporting monthly? Or have them add the months of
their monthly reports to the page so that afterwards it becomes
redundant info rather than the cause of problems?

Just thoughts.

Upayavira