Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Mikhail T." <mi...@aldan.algebra.com> on 2014/05/23 02:34:40 UTC

Is mod_substitute effective on mod_autoindex-generated HTML?

Hello!

I'm trying to make some substitutions on the HTML-output generated by mod_autoindex.

However, things quietly do not work... Even the simplest directive:

    Substitute s/Parent/Father/

seems ignored -- and the browser is showing "Parent Directory" instead of
"Father Directory".

Is this normal? I'm using Apache-2.4.6 currently... Thanks!

    -mi

Re: Is mod_substitute effective on mod_autoindex-generated HTML?

Posted by Christophe JAILLET <ch...@wanadoo.fr>.
Hi, <nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.user>

*users@httpd.apache.org *
<nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.user>would be a better mailing
list for such question, see http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users.

Anyway, yes, this is supposed to work.

Tested with a syntax that looks like:

LoadModule substitute_module modules/mod_substitute.so
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so

<Location />
     AddOutputFilterByType SUBSTITUTE text/html
Substitute s/Parent/Father/
</Location>

<Location /> can be adjusted to your needs.

Best regards,
CJ