Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Don Lewis <tr...@apache.org> on 2016/07/28 18:19:41 UTC

java downloader

The java downloader chokes on http://curl.haxx.se, which is the location
of the curl source.  This site does a redirect from http to https.  We
currently aren't seeing the problem because we have curl-7.19.7.tar.gz
checked into svn under ext_sources, but it will be a problem once I
upgrade the bundled version of curl. The perl downloader mostly worked
with this site.  It worked on all the platforms that I tried except for
Ubuntu 12. It worked for me on FreeBSD, Windows 7, and CentOS 7.

The problem is a certificate verification error.  I suspect that the
behaviour depends on the installed certificate bundle.

Could someone download curl-7.49.1.tar.gz and upload it to OOO_EXTRAS?
I don't want to break everybody's trunk build when I commit the upgrade
patch.  The md5 hash is 2feb3767b958add6a177c6602ff21e8c.

Re: java downloader

Posted by Don Lewis <tr...@apache.org>.
On 28 Jul, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Yes, that site's certificate is issued by Let's Encrypt, which is only
> supported starting from Oracle Java 8u101 (
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34110426/does-java-support-lets-encrypt-certificates).
> AFAIK, OpenJDK doesn't come with any certificates upstream, and they're
> usually supplied by your distribution.
>
> I've uploaded it to ooo-extras.

Thanks!

Re: java downloader