Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/06 22:49:05 UTC

Re: Assembling an initial development roadmap for Arrow in R

I'm going to transfer the document over to Confluence soon and start
creating JIRA issues. If anyone has further comments about the
roadmap, please add them to the document or request edit access.

Thanks!

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi all,

We've made pretty amazing progress on the R library in the last 2
months (kudos to Romain and Javier)! I made a pass through that
initial document I drafted and opened JIRA issues for anything that
seemed well-scoped that isn't done yet. Others are free to double
check my work and open any issues for work you want to see happen

There's 37 issues open on

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/R+JIRA+Dashboard

There's still a lot of work ahead of us (not the least figuring out
how to package / enable R users to install this software on all
platforms), but we are on our way!

thanks
Wes