Posted to user@struts.apache.org by aviral saini <po...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/27 13:08:52 UTC

nested checkboxes

hi
i am using nested checkboxes to display an array of
checkboxes - each row belonging to a new entity.
i also want the form to read these checkboxes when
they are selected(true) and unselected(false).
i have been able to implement the display but the
while reading the form, i get a union of all selected
checkboxes i.e. if i select the first checkbox for the
1st row and the second for the second row-i get first
and second checkboxes selected for all the rows.
can anyone suggest a solution to this or if he/she has
implemented something similar in an alternate manner?

Re: nested checkboxes

Posted by dmu2201 <dm...@mail.ikasths.dk>.
aviral saini wrote:

>hi
>i am using nested checkboxes to display an array of
>checkboxes - each row belonging to a new entity.
>i also want the form to read these checkboxes when
>they are selected(true) and unselected(false).
>i have been able to implement the display but the
>while reading the form, i get a union of all selected
>checkboxes i.e. if i select the first checkbox for the
>1st row and the second for the second row-i get first
>and second checkboxes selected for all the rows.
>can anyone suggest a solution to this or if he/she has
>implemented something similar in an alternate manner?

What does your JSP look like? For all I can understand you are using the
same property value in all your checkboxes. I too use nested checkboxes
with a nested form bean approach, but I'm not sure if that is what you
need... Please post a sample JSP, so people, including me, could better
understand...

Claus