Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Brettonwoods <tr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/23 18:21:39 UTC

Invoice PDF Error

Hi All,

Got this error when trying to create a PDF file for an Invoice.
Target exception:... is repeated four times in the actual error, seems like
it's failing on some iteration but I can't nail it down.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://accounting/widget/AccountingPrintForms.xml#InvoicePDF]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script at location
[component://accounting/webapp/accounting/WEB-INF/actions/invoice/editInvoice.bsh]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script at
[component://accounting/webapp/accounting/WEB-INF/actions/invoice/editInvoice.bsh],
line [89]: Sourced file:
component://accounting/webapp/accounting/WEB-INF/actions/invoice/editInvoice.bsh
: Method Invocation invoice.getRelated : at Line: 89 : in file:
component://accounting/webapp/accounting/WEB-INF/actions/invoice/editInvoice.bsh
: invoice .getRelated ( "InvoiceTerm" )

Target exception: org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.GenericTransactionException:
The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new
transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by:
Failure in findByCondition operation for entity [InvoiceItem]:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing
the following:SELECT INVOICE_ID, INVOICE_ITEM_SEQ_ID, INVOICE_ITEM_TYPE_ID,
OVERRIDE_GL_ACCOUNT_ID, INVENTORY_ITEM_ID, PRODUCT_ID, PRODUCT_FEATURE_ID,
PARENT_INVOICE_ID, PARENT_INVOICE_ITEM_SEQ_ID, UOM_ID, TAXABLE_FLAG,
QUANTITY, AMOUNT, DESCRIPTION, TAX_AUTH_PARTY_ID, TAX_AUTH_GEO_ID,
TAX_AUTHORITY_RATE_SEQ_ID, LAST_UPDATED_STAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP,
CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP FROM public.INVOICE_ITEM WHERE (INVOICE_ID =
? AND INVOICE_ITEM_TYPE_ID IN ()) (ERROR: syntax error at or near ")").
Rolling back transaction.org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL
Exception while executing the following:SELECT INVOICE_ID,
INVOICE_ITEM_SEQ_ID, INVOICE_ITEM_TYPE_ID, OVERRIDE_GL_ACCOUNT_ID,
INVENTORY_ITEM_ID, PRODUCT_ID, PRODUCT_FEATURE_ID, PARENT_INVOICE_ID,
PARENT_INVOICE_ITEM_SEQ_ID, UOM_ID, TAXABLE_FLAG, QUANTITY, AMOUNT,
DESCRIPTION, TAX_AUTH_PARTY_ID, TAX_AUTH_GEO_ID, TAX_AUTHORITY_RATE_SEQ_ID,
LAST_UPDATED_STAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP, CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP
FROM public.INVOICE_ITEM WHERE (INVOICE_ID = ? AND INVOICE_ITEM_TYPE_ID IN
()) (ERROR: syntax error at or near ")") (SQL Exception while executing the
following:SELECT INVOICE_ID, INVOICE_ITEM_SEQ_ID, INVOICE_ITEM_TYPE_ID,
OVERRIDE_GL_ACCOUNT_ID, INVENTORY_ITEM_ID, PRODUCT_ID, PRODUCT_FEATURE_ID,
PARENT_INVOICE_ID, PARENT_INVOICE_ITEM_SEQ_ID, UOM_ID, TAXABLE_FLAG,
QUANTITY, AMOUNT, DESCRIPTION, TAX_AUTH_PARTY_ID, TAX_AUTH_GEO_ID,
TAX_AUTHORITY_RATE_SEQ_ID, LAST_UPDATED_STAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP,
CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP FROM public.INVOICE_ITEM WHERE (INVOICE_ID =
? AND INVOICE_ITEM_TYPE_ID IN ()) (ERROR: syntax error at or near ")"))
(Sourced file:
component://accounting/webapp/accounting/WEB-INF/actions/invoice/editInvoice.bsh
: Method Invocation invoice.getRelated) (Error running BSH script at

Re: Invoice PDF Error

Posted by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com>.
Tom,

Is this standard OFBiz code and data? I just did a clean download, build
and test and the invoice PDF came up OK.

Maybe you could furnish a few more details like OFBiz version, platform,
DB and most useful if you can reproduce using the default data what
products did you add to your order?

Ray

Re: Invoice PDF Error

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
This is an interesting error and brings up a lower level issue. When
there is an IN operator and an empty set passed to it, what should we
do? I would say this should always result in a "false".

Should we change the entity engine to somehow always represent this
as a FALSE?

I'm looking at doing this right now to avoid this problem, but if
anyone has any opinions please let me know...

-David