Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <de...@broadridge.com> on 2010/12/29 14:45:12 UTC

hive installation

I ran into "Unable to determine Hadoop version information"

Google found

some post referring to some build/dist directory that I can only have if
I checkout the source(I downloaded the binary instead).  Do I have to
checkout and build source or is there changes to the binary?

http://osdir.com/ml/hive-user-hadoop-apache/2010-02/msg00289.html

I am using version 0.20.2 of hadoop.

Thanks,

Dean

attachments from your system.

RE: hive installation

Posted by "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <de...@broadridge.com>.
Ah, sweet...ok, I didn't know hive was reading stdout for that.  I had some echo's in there to log some info as I added a debug line that I can flip on and off and other echo statements.

Thanks!!!!!
Dean

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

RE: hive installation