Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/06 06:27:33 UTC

Setting CATALINA_BASE failed with tomcat-6.0.18

Hello list,

When I try the following it works with tomcat-6.0.14, but failed on
tomcat-6.0.18

$ mkdir -p /tmp/mybase/conf
$ cp /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/conf/server.xml /tmp/mybase/conf
$ export CATALINA_BASE=/tmp/mybase
$ /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/bin/catalina.sh run
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /tmp/mytomcatbase
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /tmp/mytomcatbase/temp
Using JRE_HOME:
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home

Is this a bug?

--
Sweet - a Scala web framework:
http://code.google.com/p/sweetscala

Re: Setting CATALINA_BASE failed with tomcat-6.0.18

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Zemian Deng wrote:
> am I sure? I think it is.
>
> Well, I gave explicit 4 little instructions to repeat exactly what I found.
>
> I read your post and by simply touch/create a empty file under
> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/logging.properties and that indeed fixed the problem and
> server starts up fine.

Thank's for that information, that's what I needed.

> So call it same problem or not, it's up to you guys. All I am saying is that
> using the CATALINA_BASE doesn't work with 6.0.18, but worked previously.

We are now pretty sure it's the same problem. Thank's for reporting,
I'll add a bugzilla issue.

> -Zemian

Rainer

Posted by Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com>.