Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tomer Okavi <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/21 13:29:26 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy stickysession

Hi
I'm currently load balancing 3 IIS6 servers with LVS (linux virtual server).
and planning on moving to an apache frontend (reverse proxy) with
mod_proxy_balancer (my main goal is protecting the web app on the
iis's with mod_security)
after reading the doc's i've setup apache as a reverse proxy for a
single iis server succesfully.
my problem starts as i add more servers to the balancer. our webapp is
using sessions.
in the LVS setup i solved it by using persistence (L4) (a connection
from client ip will be redirected to the same server)

with apache i can achive that with "stickeysession" (L7), right?

can i use this kind of configuration with apache (persistence
connections from client to the same server)?
i know pound (www.apsis.ch/pound/) works but i need apache for the
mod_security stuff.
any ideas. howto's, doc's, samples. would be great.

Thanks

Tomer.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy stickysession

Posted by Tomer Okavi <to...@gmail.com>.
thanks, i also found bug 38357 regarding the problem.

Tomer.

Posted by John Madden <jm...@ivytech.edu>.