Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mighty Tornado <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/06 04:24:55 UTC

Hi,
I have an index.jsp page with 3 links to other JSP's.
These links don't seem to work. I get the 404 error.

Do I have to register the JSP's somewhere similarly to how I create servlet
mappings?

in the href attribute I tried passing along both relative path - sine all my
JSP's are in one directory called JSP under the app root so I wrote
something like "./mission.jsp"
And I also tried giving the absolute path - "/JSP/mission.jsp" - no luck.

Thanks.

Re: Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Mighty Tornado wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an index.jsp page with 3 links to other JSP's.
> These links don't seem to work. I get the 404 error.
>
> Do I have to register the JSP's somewhere similarly to how I create servlet
> mappings?
>
> in the href attribute I tried passing along both relative path - sine all my
> JSP's are in one directory called JSP under the app root so I wrote
> something like "./mission.jsp"

why?

got a document called "mission.jsp" in the same directory as the one
that contains the link.

> And I also tried giving the absolute path - "/JSP/mission.jsp" - no luck.

That's only the absolute path if your web application is the ROOT one,
if it's not and your app is called "foo" then the path is
"/foo/JSP/mission.jsp".

> Thanks.

You've posted enough times to know: Tomcat version, JVM version, OS version.