Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dan Hill <qu...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/22 04:45:14 UTC

Flink Table SQL and MongoDB connector?

Has anyone connected these two?

Looking through previous emails and the Flink docs, I've see two mentions
of how to hook up MongoDB to Flink.

1) https://github.com/okkam-it/flink-mongodb-test
2) Debezium->Kafka->Flink
https://debezium.io/documentation/reference/1.3/connectors/mongodb.html

The debezium route has more setup and maintenance work but scales better
and probably has an easier hook for Table SQL (since it's Kafka).

Re: Flink Table SQL and MongoDB connector?

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan,

afaik Flink does not have a dedicated MongoDB connector (except for the
DataSet API which is rather old). Hence I believe that the 2nd option seems
to be more promising.

Cheers,
Till