Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by rs...@apache.org on 1998/09/10 10:59:43 UTC

Re: os-sco/2533: Apache 1.3.0 won't build with Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) support

Synopsis: Apache 1.3.0 won't build with Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) support

Comment-Added-By: rse
Comment-Added-When: Thu Sep 10 01:59:43 PDT 1998
Comment-Added:
Ok, the `-lx -ltinfo -lm' was now comitted for Apache
1.3.2, but for the USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT:
The only correct solution would be to dispatch
for 5.0.0 and 5.0.2 and avoid it only for >= 5.0.4.
So what we need is a patch which does the following:
1. Recognize SCO versions in src/helpers/GuessOS
2. Set the SCO5 define not only to be defined, instead
   it should be set to 500, 502 or 504, etc. according
   to what GuessOS determined.
3. The #define USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT should
   be surrounded by a
   #if defined(SCO5) && (SCO5 >= 500 && SCO5 < 504)
Can you contribute this patch, because I've still
no chance to work under a SCO box myself. I've
no such platform available...