Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Tudor <th...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/25 19:25:10 UTC

(newbie) creating an Aggregate AE

Hello,

I've successully made my own uima components and I'd like to connect them into
an aggregate.(I used the following tutorial and I'm running them via the class
described in section 9 here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/
tutorials/ws-uima/section9.html )

Now, I've been reading through apache uima docs for days now, but there
doesn't seem to be any sort of step by step guide.
For instance, this doesn't help at all:
http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/
docs/html/overview_and_setup/
overview_and_setup.html#ugr.ovv.conceptual.aggregate_analysis_engines

Following this link however,
http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.1.0-incubating/docs/html/
tutorials_and_users_guides/
tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aae.building_aggregates
-I was able to create an aggregate descriptor, with
my components as the delegates and a Fixed Flow.

But what the heck do I do next? I need a class that would take the input, call
the aggregate and print the output, and to do that I obviously need more than
just an aggregate descriptor. But there aren't any tutorials/guides/examples
of what to do next, anywhere.

Please help. :(

Re: (newbie) creating an Aggregate AE

Posted by Tudor <th...@gmail.com>.
Marshall Schor <ms...@...> writes:

> To run an aggregate from a Java class, you can modify the sample code in the
> class "ExampleApplication.java".  This can be found:
> in the binary distribution at
> examples\src\org\apache\uima\examples\ExampleApplication.java, or
> in the source distribution at
> uimaj-examples\src\main\java\org\apache\uima\examples, or
> on the web here:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-
examples/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/examples/ExampleApplication.java?
revision=983443&view=markup
> <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-
examples/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/examples/ExampleApplication.java?
revision=983443&view=markup>

> Hope this helps. -Marshall Schor

Thank you, Marshall Schor! And thank you everybody else!

This works and it's exactly what I was lacking.
I obviously looked around in the examples but I had started with the Flow
controller example and worked down, so I didn't see the ExampleApplication...

Thanks for pointing it out, problem solved.

Re: (newbie) creating an Aggregate AE

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Philip Ogren <ph...@ogren.info>.
Tudor,

You might check out uimaFIT which makes this really easy.  You might
start, for example, by looking at the following:

http://code.google.com/p/uimafit/wiki/RunningExperiments

Hope this helps,
Philip

Posted by Tudor <th...@gmail.com>.