Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by "Bohms, H.M. (Michel)" <mi...@tno.nl> on 2016/04/05 09:20:22 UTC

help please ! (import wont work)

Dear all,

We are really stuck with using marmotta as our semantic server.

We try to import a turtle file, which we think is correct but the system takes infinite time to get it in.

The java settings seems ok:
[cid:image001.jpg@01D18F1C.613AE140]

Who can help us with tips or tricks to get our files in. Small files seems to go fine but the 2 bigger data files we have wont (210 resp. 110 MB).

Do we have to change some configuration settings (chunk sizes, cache stuf, ..?) to make this work?

Thanks a lot,
Michel

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Bohms
Sr. Research Scientist
Structural Reliability

T +31 (0)88 866 31 07
M +31 (0)63 038 12 20
E michel.bohms@tno.nl<ma...@tno.nl>

Location<http://www.tno.nl/locaties/DTM>

[cid:image002.gif@01D18F1C.613AE140]<http://www.tno.nl/>

Re: Help a beginner

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Gil,

using a public server is not a recommended way of "getting started",
especially if you are not familiar with server administration.

I'd suggest you start with the Marmotta Installer [1] on your local
machine, and once you have everything in place deploy to a public server.

Best,
Jakob

[1] http://marmotta.apache.org/download.html#a3.3.0

Help a beginner

RE: help please ! (import wont work)

Posted by "Bohms, H.M. (Michel)" <mi...@tno.nl>.
Ahh, ok, no context variable at all…..

So bullet 3 (not 1) in:

This import method supports context names:

  *   If the (sub-)folder containing the file to import contains a file called config containing a property context the value of this property is used as (full qualified) context. Otherwise,
  *   The files copied in the root on that directory would be imported into the default context.
  *   Sub-folders would be taken into account to select the target context name. For instance, if you copy a RDF file into ${MARMOTTA_HOME}/import/foo/bar, the data would be imported into a context named${BASE_URI}/context/foo/bar.
  *   For fully qualified context names (i.e., non-local), a URL-encoded directory can be used. For example, if you copy a file into ${MARMOTTA_HOME}/import/http%3A%2F%2Fexample.org, the triples will be imported in the http://example.org context in Marmotta.

[cid:image001.gif@01D18F27.5E543B10]<http://www.tno.nl/>

Posted by "Bohms, H.M. (Michel)" <mi...@tno.nl>.
Thx, that worked (took some time thoygh ☺

[cid:image001.gif@01D190AC.035FCE00]<http://www.tno.nl/>

suppose I make a subfolder called rometest and put my file rometest.ttl in...
when i add a file called config

how do I EXACTLY set the varibale context in there?

context=rometest
context rometest
context="rometest"

???

Then, according the documentation in the wiki, the data will be imported in the context ${BASE_URI}/context/rometest

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@redlink.co>.

Posted by "Bohms, H.M. (Michel)" <mi...@tno.nl>.
Right

[cid:image001.gif@01D18F22.D0B248A0]<http://www.tno.nl/>

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michel Böhms <mi...@gmail.com>.
thx, will try local directtory

suppose I make a subfolder called rometest and put my file rometest.ttl
in...
when i add a file called config

how do I EXACTLY set the varibale context in there?

context=rometest
context rometest
context="rometest"

???