Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tonté Pouncil <To...@aviall.com> on 2008/04/15 18:15:47 UTC

Maven 2.0.9 complains it can't download maven-surefire-plugin 2.4.2 -- NEED HELP

I just downloaded Maven 2.0.9.  I was using Maven 2.0.8.  When I tried to
run the clean install goal, Maven complains it can't download
maven-surefire-plugin. (See below for maven output.)  How do I fix this?

How do I set up the ibiblio maven 2 repository in my setting.xml file as a
profile.  What is the URL to the ibiblio maven 2 repository?

Thanks!

Tonté

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven//org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.4.2
/maven-surefire-plugin-2.4.2.pom
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.4.2
/maven-surefire-plugin-2.4.2.pom
Downloading: http://172.18.10.165
/svn-repos/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.4.2
/maven-surefire-plugin-2.4.2.pom
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.4.2
/maven-surefire-plugin-2.4.2.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin

Reason: POM 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin' not found in
repository: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:pom:2.4.2
from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.org (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  maven.org (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/),
  aviall-maven-repo (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/svn-repos),
  apache.org (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
 for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin

This e-mail message, including attachments, may contain confidential,
proprietary, or export controlled information.
Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution, or other use is prohibited,
unless expressly authorized.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, and delete
all copies of the original message from your systems.

RE: Maven 2.0.9 complains it can't download maven-surefire-plugin 2.4.2 -- NEED HELP

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Where is the "maven.org" repo defined? The url is wrong...it points to subfolder of central:

 maven.org (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/),

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
The url for the pluginRepository below should be

   <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/</url>

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Maven 2.0.9 complains it can't download maven-surefire-plugin 2.4.2 -- NEED HELP

Posted by Tonté Pouncil <To...@aviall.com>.
Thanks for the advise.  I will research this in the near future.  I am a
newbie to Maven and don't know if I am ready to take on this extra
challenge.  But will book mark this sites and at a later time when I am
more comfortable, check them out.

This is no longer an issue for me as I have fixed my problem.

Thanks again!

Tonté

             "Wayne Fay"
             <waynefay@gmail.c
                                       "Maven Users List"
             04/16/2008 01:54          <us...@maven.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Maven 2.0.9 complains it can't
               "Maven Users            download maven-surefire-plugin
                   List"               2.4.2 -- NEED HELP
             <users@maven.apac
                  he.org>

You should seriously think about installing a repo manager, then using
mirrorOf * to point all repos there, and let it manage these things
for you. Then you aren't dealing with proxies in settings.xml files on
every dev's machine but rather only on the shared MRM box.

It seems like you might already be using some kind of repo manager
(for your aviall-maven-repo). If you're not, you probably should be.
So try Nexus, Archiva, Artifactory etc and pick the one you like.

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tonté Pouncil <To...@aviall.com>.

Posted by Tonté Pouncil <To...@aviall.com>.