Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by J H <do...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/16 20:07:39 UTC

Connect to Apache WEBDAV and send back XML

Hi.  I found the HTTP-commons library and I was absolutely ecstatic!  I
would appreciate some help though...I'm not sure how to coax it to send data
other than html...I've tried to set the request header to
method.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","content=\"text/xml\""); and it still
sends back the response in html format...

What I'm trying to do is create a java applet (client-side) to access the
Tomcat Webdav server.  I have successfully connected to the WEBDav server
with Digest authentication, but it returns the results in HTML which are
rather cumbersome to parse.  I would really appreciate ANY ideas.

--Jeff

Re: Connect to Apache WEBDAV and send back XML

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@tibco.com>.
I too use the HttpClient library to connect to a WebDAV server.

I suspect what you want to do is get the webdavlib.jar file from the
Jakarta Slide project.  The library in the Slide project includes
support for all of the WebDAV & DeltaV extensions to HTTP.  I've worked
on both libraries to help ensure that they interoperate.  One note,
though - the Slide library expects to work with HttpClient 2.0rc2, not
the latest trunk release.

If I had to guess, you're attempting to get the contents of a folder,
which requires the PROPFIND WebDAV request.  Check out the
PropFindMethod class in that library.

-Eric Johnson.