Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christian <es...@web.de> on 2006/01/15 20:44:16 UTC

XML-Serializer encoding

Hi,

I have several newsfeeds that I want to incorporate in my portal, each
one of these feeds has its own coplet. but these feeds are encoded
differently. some are in ISO-8859-1, others in UTF-8. Now there is no
way that I can change the legacy encoding of these. unfortunately it
seems that even though I set the encoding of the xml-serializers (in the
corresponding pipeline) that I use for those feeds to whatever, the
UTF-8-feeds are not displayed properly. is there a way that I can change
the encoding in cocoon so the feeds that arrive in encoding "a" can be
changed to encoding "b"? I wouldn't mind having them all in UTF-8...

any help would be very much appreciated.

best regards,

christian