Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nick De Decker <ni...@i-vision.be> on 2002/04/29 13:05:38 UTC

frontpage extensions and allowoverride all

Hello,

I`ve succesfuly installed the ms frontpage 2002 extensions, but i
needed to set allowoverride to all (or at least limit, authconfig and
options). However i don't want my users to override my options settings.
They could easily expose my server`s root dir / by symlinking it.
Any solutions ?

Regards,
Nick

Re: frontpage extensions and allowoverride all

Posted by Frank Reichenbacher <fr...@mollynet.com>.
If your users want FP extensions, then you should disable telnet. They
should be up/downloading everything with the FP client except cgi for which
they need to use ftp (ASCII transfer). You can't do a symlink with ftp can
you?

Frank