Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Leo Galambos <ga...@com-os2.ms.mff.cuni.cz> on 2002/11/30 16:08:01 UTC

Performance (figures)

The first round of tests is presented here (more will come later):

1) http://com-os2.ms.mff.cuni.cz/proof.png

Price per insert (time, space).
Doc base: 5M HTML *.CZ
Collection size: 300K docs were processed; then Lucene crashed (it may be
my fault, but I haven't time to debug it now)
Optimize() after 2000 of docs (IMHO this simulates dynamic IR
environment, i.e. indexing emails, news groups etc.).

For instance (see Fig. 1):
collection size/time per insert()
2000/25ms
160000/33ms
300000/48ms

It means that for collection of 160000 docs you need 160000*33ms=5280s.

2) http://com-os2.ms.mff.cuni.cz/draw.png

Absolute values

----

If someone is able to say how often I would call optimize(), I can
recalculate the results. Now the 2nd round of tests is running (without
optimize()).

-g-

BTW: All figures, (C) 2002 Leo Galambos. Do not copy until I am sure that
the tests&values are correct.