Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Ken <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/08 22:40:39 UTC

Archetype create-from-project goal and pom file location

Hello,
I am trying to use the archetype:create-from-project plugin to create
archetype from an existing project. The pom.xml resides under a
sub-folder in the project and I am not able to pass the pom file
location as "-f subfolder/pom.xml" to the create-from-project goal. To
get it working, I had to copy the pom.xml under the root. Moreover, I
am unable to exclude the pom.xml when I do "mvn clean install" to
package the archetype.

Are there any available solutions to this problem?

Thanks
Mick