Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/08 21:08:54 UTC

JBuilder 7 and JSVGCanvas run-time error

I'm trying to build an application using the JSVGCanvas object in JBuilder 7.
I tried using the "visual" tools for building the GUI, but I keep getting the
following error when I go to run the application (it compiles fine):

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.swing.JComponent: method
getActionMap()Ljavax/swing/ActionMap; not found

	at org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at mimicfe.MimicFrame.<init>(MimicFrame.java:56)
	at mimicfe.Mimic_App_v1.<init>(Mimic_App_v1.java:20)
	at mimicfe.Mimic_App_v1.main(Mimic_App_v1.java:49)

The line in MimicFrame that it's failing at (line 56) is this:

  private JSVGCanvas svgCanvas = new JSVGCanvas();

which is in the top declaration section of the code.

The rest of the code is pretty simple,  I create a new Frame object and in the
constructor for the frame I call a "jbInit" method  (JBuilder7 uses this for
it's GUI design).  In jbInit, I add the JSVGCanvas to a panel on the frame with
this code:

    jPanel1.add(svgCanvas, null);

I ran some other code through JBuilder before and that was fine, but I hand
coded that (based on the batik examples).  Why would I get these errors from
JBuilder's generated code?  Any thoughts?

Thank you!
jaaron