Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Laurent BERTHELOT <la...@studioblanc.fr> on 2004/03/08 16:58:59 UTC

Installing Cocoon On debian

Hello,

(sorry for my poor english...)

I wanna install cocoon (v2.0.4) on debian (woody)

I use :
- JDK 1.4.3 (src)
- Tomcat 3.3a final (pkg)

I use src files (build is OK), I restart tomcat (Ok), but i have a problem when i launch Cocoon on http://myserver:myport/cocoon/

I have this error :

/********************************/
type fatal

message Error in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint []

description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint []

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint []
	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(/var/cache/tomcat/DEFAULT/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap.java:405)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:264)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:98)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerator(GeneratorSelector.java:187)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:357)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:312)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:267)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint []
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(ExcaliburComponentSelector.java:198)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.select(DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.java:101)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.select(DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.java:104)
	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.preparePattern(/var/cache/tomcat/DEFAULT/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap.java:1554)
	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.prepareMatchers(/var/cache/tomcat/DEFAULT/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap.java:1573)
	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(/var/cache/tomcat/DEFAULT/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap.java:398)
	... 7 more

request-uri

/cocoon/
path-info

/********************************/

I have the same problem when i use the cocoon2 debian package...
It-is a problem of jar's files loading order ?
may i change the server.xml configuration file of Tomcat ? i think not...

I'm sure there's a thread on this mailing list with the answer but i don't found it !
Thank you for you help.

Laurent
laurent dot berthelot at studioblanc dot fr

Re: Installing Cocoon On debian

Posted by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>.
Glad you find the answer.

We use Cocoon 2.1.3 on a prod server and It's all good.
I think the 2.1 version is enough stable to use it.

Besides, there are so much more functionnalities.

Lionel

Posted by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>.