Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Iouri Tcherniakov, Toronto, Canada" <yc...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/02/05 05:23:31 UTC

imposible to open files

After installation update from apple, program Big Sure MacOS version11.1
Impossible to reopen some files especially one in Exel . Looks like need to switch to apple office. This is unacceptable.

Please advise,

iouri

Re: imposible to open files

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi Iouri

This problem has been solved in version 4.1.9 which will be released soon.

I think that what is unacceptable is that Apple released such a buggy update to the OS. Example https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252174979?page=19

Remember that you are paying to Apple while Apache OpenOffice is a volunteer based pro bono project!

Best regards,
Pedro

RE: imposible to open files

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.

As far as files in OOXML format are concerned, the problem is known and a program update is being worked on, see:
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/date/20210106

> Looks like need to switch to apple office. This is unacceptable.

And what do we have to do with what is unacceptable to you? Which program you use is your decision alone.

Jörg

Re: imposible to open files

Posted by Dylan Pham <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hello Iouri,
Would you please try the release candidate from below link and let us know
if it fixes the issue? Please choose the file appropriate for your
language of choice. Thank you.

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.9-RC1/binaries/