Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jim_1 <ji...@bluecrestcapital.com> on 2009/09/10 15:46:40 UTC

logging of messages in ActiveMQ

Could anyone help me with how to fully log the messages including
consumer/producer

Here is my log4j.properties file - but I am not getting detailed message
information :-

##
## Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
## contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
## this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
## The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
## (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
## the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
##
## http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
##
## Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
## distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
## WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
## See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
## limitations under the License.
##

#
#
#
# log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout, out
# log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=WARN
# log4j.logger.org.springframework=WARN
# log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=WARN

# When debugging or reporting problems to the ActiveMQ team,
# comment out the above lines and uncomment the next.

# log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out, stdout
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out

# Or for more fine grained debug logging uncomment one of these
log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.camel=DEBUG

# The logging properties used during tests..
# CONSOLE appender not used by default
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p %-30.30c{1} - %m%n
log4j.appender.stdout.threshold=INFO

# File appender
log4j.appender.out=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.out.file=${activemq.base}/log/smlog
log4j.appender.out.maxFileSize=1024KB
log4j.appender.out.maxBackupIndex=5
log4j.appender.out.append=true
log4j.appender.out.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.out.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%-15.15t] %-5p %-30.30c{1} -
%m%n

Re: logging of messages in ActiveMQ

Posted by David Newcomb <da...@bigsoft.co.uk>.
To get all the messages which can be produced, change the level
from DEBUG to ALL.

If you are having trouble with log4j, you might find this
article useful.

http://www.bigsoft.co.uk/blog/index.php/2009/08/01/configuring-log4j-properties

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 Jim_1 <ji...@bluecrestcapital.com> wrote:

> This didn't make any difference. I think the main issue is knowing which
> level in the logging hierarchy to select???
>
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.camel=DEBUG
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
>>
>> does uncommenting this line help?
>>
>> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out, stdout
>>

>> i.e. to log to both the file and standard out?
>>
>> 2009/9/10 Jim_1 <ji...@bluecrestcapital.com>:
>>>
>>> Could anyone help me with how to fully log the messages including
>>> consumer/producer
>>>
>>> Here is my log4j.properties file - but I am not getting detailed message
>>> information :-
>>>
>>> ##
>>> ## Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
>>> ## contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
>>> ## this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
>>> ## The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version
>>> 2.0
>>> ## (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
>>> ## the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>>> ##
>>> ## http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>>> ##
>>> ## Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>>> ## distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>>> ## WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
>>> implied.
>>> ## See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>>> ## limitations under the License.
>>> ##
>>>
>>> #
>>> #
>>> #
>>> # log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout, out
>>> # log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=WARN
>>> # log4j.logger.org.springframework=WARN
>>> # log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=WARN
>>>
>>> # When debugging or reporting problems to the ActiveMQ team,
>>> # comment out the above lines and uncomment the next.
>>>
>>> # log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out, stdout
>>> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out
>>>
>>> # Or for more fine grained debug logging uncomment one of these
>>> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq=DEBUG
>>> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor=DEBUG
>>> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=DEBUG
>>> log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG
>>> log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=DEBUG
>>> log4j.logger.org.apache.camel=DEBUG
>>>

>>> # The logging properties used during tests..
>>> # CONSOLE appender not used by default
>>> log4j.appender.stdout=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
>>> log4j.appender.stdout.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
>>> log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p %-30.30c{1} - %m%n
>>> log4j.appender.stdout.threshold=INFO
>>>
>>> # File appender
>>> log4j.appender.out=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
>>> log4j.appender.out.file=${activemq.base}/log/smlog
>>> log4j.appender.out.maxFileSize=1024KB
>>> log4j.appender.out.maxBackupIndex=5
>>> log4j.appender.out.append=true
>>> log4j.appender.out.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
>>> log4j.appender.out.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%-15.15t] %-5p
>>> %-30.30c{1} -
>>> %m%n
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> James
>> -------
>> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Open Source Integration
>> http://fusesource.com/

David
---------------------------------------
Managing Director
+44 (0) 7866 262 398
BigSoft Limited
Reading, UK
http://www.bigsoft.co.uk/
Registered in Cardiff, Wales 3960621

Re: logging of messages in ActiveMQ

Posted by Jim_1 <ji...@bluecrestcapital.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
does uncommenting this line help?

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out, stdout

i.e. to log to both the file and standard out?

2009/9/10 Jim_1 <ji...@bluecrestcapital.com>:

> Could anyone help me with how to fully log the messages including
> consumer/producer
>
> Here is my log4j.properties file - but I am not getting detailed message
> information :-
>
> ##
> ## Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
> ## contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
> ## this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
> ## The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
> ## (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
> ## the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
> ##
> ## http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> ##
> ## Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
> ## distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
> ## WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
> ## See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> ## limitations under the License.
> ##
>
> #
> #
> #
> # log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout, out
> # log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=WARN
> # log4j.logger.org.springframework=WARN
> # log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=WARN
>
> # When debugging or reporting problems to the ActiveMQ team,
> # comment out the above lines and uncomment the next.
>
> # log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out, stdout
> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out
>
> # Or for more fine grained debug logging uncomment one of these
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.camel=DEBUG
>

> # The logging properties used during tests..
> # CONSOLE appender not used by default
> log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p %-30.30c{1} - %m%n
> log4j.appender.stdout.threshold=INFO
>
> # File appender
> log4j.appender.out=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
> log4j.appender.out.file=${activemq.base}/log/smlog
> log4j.appender.out.maxFileSize=1024KB
> log4j.appender.out.maxBackupIndex=5
> log4j.appender.out.append=true
> log4j.appender.out.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.out.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%-15.15t] %-5p %-30.30c{1} -
> %m%n

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: logging of messages in ActiveMQ

Posted by Andreas Gies <ag...@progress.com>.
Hi there,

perhaps this might help you:

http://activemq.apache.org/logging-interceptor.html

Best regards
Andreas

On Sep 10, 2009, at 3:46 PM, Jim_1 wrote:

> Could anyone help me with how to fully log the messages including
> consumer/producer
>
> Here is my log4j.properties file - but I am not getting detailed
> message
> information :-
>
> ##
> ## Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
> ## contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed
> with
> ## this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
> ## The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License,
> Version 2.0
> ## (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
> with
> ## the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
> ##
> ## http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> ##
> ## Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
> ## distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
> ## WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
> implied.
> ## See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> ## limitations under the License.
> ##
>
> #
> #
> #
> # log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout, out
> # log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=WARN
> # log4j.logger.org.springframework=WARN
> # log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=WARN
>
> # When debugging or reporting problems to the ActiveMQ team,
> # comment out the above lines and uncomment the next.
>
> # log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out, stdout
> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, out
>
> # Or for more fine grained debug logging uncomment one of these
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.spring=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.spring=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.apache.camel=DEBUG
>

> # The logging properties used during tests..
> # CONSOLE appender not used by default
> log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p %-30.30c{1} - %m%n
> log4j.appender.stdout.threshold=INFO
>
> # File appender
> log4j.appender.out=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
> log4j.appender.out.file=${activemq.base}/log/smlog
> log4j.appender.out.maxFileSize=1024KB
> log4j.appender.out.maxBackupIndex=5
> log4j.appender.out.append=true
> log4j.appender.out.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.out.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%-15.15t] %-5p
> %-30.30c{1} -
> %m%n

---
Mit freundlichen Grüssen - Kind Regards