Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/05/05 16:12:08 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "DocumentProcessing" by BasheerDargham

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "DocumentProcessing" page has been changed by BasheerDargham.
The comment on this change is: added question.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DocumentProcessing?action=diff&rev1=14&rev2=15

   * Q: How is this related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2129?
   * A: SOLR-2129 is an UpdateProcessor for UIMA (see [[http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrUIMA|SolrUIMA]]). Here we're talking about improving the whole UpdateProcessor framework, either by replacing it or enhancing the existing.

+  * Q: Will the pipelines have to be linear. For instance, could we implement a first stage in the pipeline that would be a splitter. The splitter could, for example, break up a large XML document into chapters, then push each chapter to the next stage where other processing will take place. In the end, the Lucene index would have one document per chapter.
+  * A:
+
   * Q: (Your question here)
   * A: