Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Frank Lyaruu <fr...@dexels.com> on 2014/08/11 16:54:19 UTC

Deploying Karaf features by dropping them into the deploy folder doesn't seem to work

Hi crowd,

I'm trying to install a feature by dropping it into the deploy folder of a
clean Karaf 3.0.1 installation.

It doesn't seem to install it automatically, although the feature does show
up in 'feature:list' and can be installed correctly with 'feature:install',
so it definitely finds the file.

The documentation seem to indicate that the feature should be installed
immediately in this case:

quote:

You can "hot deploy" a features XML by dropping the file directly in the
deploy folder.
The features deployer handles the features XML files dropped into the
deploy folder and automatically register and
install all features described in the features XML.

end quote

This seems like a bug to me. Or should I add some configuration somewhere?

thanks, Frank

Re: Deploying Karaf features by dropping them into the deploy folder doesn't seem to work

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
So I guess, connecting via a custom program using ssh or jmx isn't a real
option?

A shell script would also work AFAIK :)

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member

Posted by Frank Lyaruu <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Frank,

Posted by Frank Lyaruu <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB and Achim,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Deploying Karaf features by dropping them into the deploy folder doesn't seem to work

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
In that case you should make sure you only deploy one feature file where
all dependencies are listed.

regards, Achim

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
No, it's up to you to define the order and define the dependency in the
feature.

If you do a clean features it's OK.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Deploying Karaf features by dropping them into the deploy folder doesn't seem to work

Posted by Frank Lyaruu <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Frank,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Deploying Karaf features by dropping them into the deploy folder doesn't seem to work

Posted by Frank Lyaruu <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB and others,

Posted by Frank Lyaruu <fr...@dexels.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.