Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> on 2003/08/13 19:56:37 UTC

StringUtils misspelled method names?

Unless I am not seing straight, the following are not spelled properly:

1) capitalise
2) capitaliseAllWords
3) uncapitalise
4) uncapitaliseAllWords

They should be:

capitalize
capitalizeAllWords
uncapitalize
uncapitalizeAllWords

Which is *capitalize* with a 'z' not an 's'.

Should we fix the spelling now?
At all?
The (4) method does not exist in version 1.0.1 but all of the others do...

Arg,

Gary

Re: StringUtils misspelled method names?

Posted by Jon Wingfield <jo...@mkodo.com>.
FYI

//1 definitions retrieved
//"capitalise" wn "WordNet (r) 1.7"
capitalise
      v 1: supply with capital, as of a business by using a combination
           of capital used by investors and debt capital provided
           by lenders [syn: {capitalize}]
      2: draw advantages from; "he is capitalizing on her mistake";
         "she took advantage of his absence to meet her lover"
         [syn: {capitalize}, {take advantage}]
      3: write in capital letters [syn: {capitalize}]
      4: compute the present value of a business or an income [syn:
{capitalize}]
      5: consider expenditures as capital assets rather than expenses
         [syn: {capitalize}]
      6: convert into capital, as of a company's reserve funds [syn:
         {capitalize}]
.

Posted by Jon Wingfield <jo...@mkodo.com>.
FYI

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
I think the 's' versions are British.

David

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: StringUtils misspelled method names?

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.