Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Szegedi, Attila" <sz...@scriptum.hu> on 2000/07/10 17:10:56 UTC

javax.xml support

Does current release of Xerces-J comply with Sun's javax.xml specification?
I use two Apache technologies: Tomcat and Xerces. Tomcat currently does XML
parsing through javax.xml API; so I'd like to know if I can use Xerces as
javax.xml-compliant parser with Tomcat?

űAlso, did you notice you don't have Xerces Users mailing list listed on the
mailing list pages of xml.apache.org? (That's why this question was
targetted to this list)

Cheers,
  Attila.

Re: javax.xml support

Posted by Rajiv Mordani <Ra...@eng.sun.com>.
If you check out the latest version of Tomcat it uses JAXP.  However there
is a bug in xerces where the DefaultEntityHandler tries to look for files
in build/classes directory rather than the current directory or something
of that sort.  That causes some problems the last time I tried to use it.

- Rajiv

--
:wq

Re: javax.xml support