Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/07 22:56:13 UTC

Re: svn commit: r993544 - in /subversion/branches/javahl-ra/subversion/bindings/javahl: native/ src/org/apache/subversion/javahl/ tests/org/apache/subversion/javahl/

I don't see a README.branch or whatever it should be named...

What is this branch for, and why is it not on trunk?

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I suspected as much, and simply wanted to confirm/prod.

No problem, thanks for the prod.

> Keeping "new" features from here-on-out on a branch is totally fine
> with me. Alternatively, placing them under an #ifdef like we did with
> the obliterate support works well, too. (and yes, I realize Java can't
> do that very easily...)

At some point, I've got some crazy ideas about a unified object model
and using a set of C++ bindings as the basis for all the swig stuff,
as well as JavaHL.  That will * definitely* go on a branch, if only
for it's insanity and changes to the build system.

-Hyrum

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
I suspected as much, and simply wanted to confirm/prod.

Keeping "new" features from here-on-out on a branch is totally fine
with me. Alternatively, placing them under an #ifdef like we did with
the obliterate support works well, too. (and yes, I realize Java can't
do that very easily...)

Cheers,
-g

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.