Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mark Withington <mw...@PLMresearch.com> on 2005/09/19 20:37:01 UTC

RE: Windows hook scripts [GFI-T62621-43343AFAF33B7517]

This is really strange.  I commit to my repository two separate times, the
.exe files (e.g. post-commit.exe) runs but the .bat files (e.g.
post-commit.bat) do not.  I have my repository on one machine and working
copy on another, using tortoise as a client (with the bugtraq variable set
in the properties file).  Anyone have any suggested?

Thanks,

Mark

--------------------------
Mark L. Withington
PLMresearch
v: 508-746-2383
m: 508-801-0181
Calendar: http://www.plmresearch.com/calendar.php

User Access

Posted by S I <xi...@hotmail.com>.
Can anyone help me with user access please?  Am I on the right track here?
Do you see anything wrong with my file?  Thanks.

We've set up and are running Subversion under Apache2.  In http.conf I'm
pointing
#   AuthzSVNAccessFile /local1/svn/conf/svn-access-file

In svn-access-file I've created the following:

[groups]

svnAdmin = me (user1), backupGuy
svnTag = me (user1),
everyone = user1, user2, user3, user4, user5
readOnly = userX, userY, userZ
specific = user1, user3, userY

[/]
* = r
@svnAdmin = rw

[proj1]
@everyone = rw
@readOnly = r

[proj2]
@everyone = rw
@readOnly = r

[/tags]
@svnTag = rw
@everyone = r
@readOnly = r

[path/specific.file]
@specific = rw
@everyone = r
@readOnly = r

Per manual:
* if a user's not mentioned at all, no access is allowed.
* permissions are inherited from parent to child.

Q1: In [/tags], does @svnTag's write access supercede the other groups
mentioned, although me (user1) being part of the other groups as well?  Can
users be mixed and matched?  I would like to restrict 'write' permission to
/tags for everyone except myself.

Q2: Can permissions be expressed per file rather than subdirs?  Does the
last entry in my file, [path/specific.file],  make sense at all?  How can I
achieve per file access?  There're couple of files that only a select few
should modify and everyone else be denied 'write' access but only read.

Q3: Once ready to uncomment the line in http.conf to turn it on, could
Apache be running or should I bring it down first?  In other words, is the
.conf file dynamic or requires a cycling of the server or Apache?

Thanks

User Access