Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by "Jun H." <ju...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/12 22:18:05 UTC

Iceberg python library sync notes for September 7, 2021

Hi everyone,

We had an iceberg python library brainstorm sync meeting last Wednesday.
The meeting notes are in the agenda doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oMKodaZJrOJjPfc8PDVAoTdl02eGQKHlhwuggiw7s9U/edit#heading=h.tg0h9ydxvx3w>.
Please let me know if you have anything to add or feel free to add
comments  to the doc.

In the meeting, we mainly discussed how to move forward to redesign the
python library. We all agreed to take a top down approach to design the
high level structure of the python library and then take a bottom up
approach to implement features.

A Github project <https://github.com/apache/iceberg/projects/7>has been
created to manage and track the python library progress.

Please join the iceberg-python-sync
<https://groups.google.com/search?q=iceberg-python-sync> list on Google
Groups to receive an invitation to attend the syncs. Everyone is welcome to
attend!

Thanks,

Jun