Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Igor Romanov <ph...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/30 13:43:06 UTC

How to map live site to separate website without reverse proxy?

Good day,

I have Lenya running on Tomcat.
I have found information on website and in this forums on how to map live
part of specific publication to, e.g. "www.example.com"
while having authoring environment at "cms.example.com" - using reverse
proxy (Apache) + mod_rewrite.

I have request from my customer to implement same schema without reverse
proxy... :-(

I'm not sure this is doable by means of Tomcat configuration but if anyone
can suggest me some solution,
I would greatly appreciate your help!

I know Tomcat has notion of virtual hosts like Apache do - can this be used
somehow?

--
Igor

Re: How to map live site to separate website without reverse proxy?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Hi Igor

On 3/30/11 12:43 PM, Igor Romanov wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I have Lenya running on Tomcat.
> I have found information on website and in this forums on how to map live
> part of specific publication to, e.g. "www.example.com
> <http://www.example.com/>"
> while having authoring environment at "cms.example.com
> <http://cms.example.com/>" - using reverse
> proxy (Apache) + mod_rewrite.
>
> I have request from my customer to implement same schema without reverse
> proxy... :-(

what is the reason not to use a reverse proxy?

It makes everything much more flexible and is not that much overhead.

> I'm not sure this is doable by means of Tomcat configuration but if anyone
> can suggest me some solution,
> I would greatly appreciate your help!
>
> I know Tomcat has notion of virtual hosts like Apache do

yes
> - can this be used
> somehow?

give it a try ;-)