Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Santerre <cs...@MerchantsOverseas.com> on 2005/08/01 16:48:17 UTC

RE: PROPOSAL: create "SpamAssassin Rules Project"

Auto corpus checks being the first line is the best method. Only after
getting those results back to the rule writter for corrections, should a
complete mass check be done.

> - - there's no defined way to feed back results from testing
> to the original
>   contributor, which can result in stuff getting overlooked

The above is key. Many times a simple regex change can make an OK rule into
a GREAT rule.

> - - having to rename the rules is a bit of a mess.  not sure
> if there is
>   a good way to fix that though

Do you mean simply categorizing the names, or the rights to rename?

--Chris