Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by StartCoding <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/08 19:49:08 UTC

Database Connection Pooling

Hi Team,

Can some one help me understand what is the need of Database Connection
Pooling in Ignite. If there are any links to the explanation or code that
should be good.

Thanks
Saji

Re: Database Connection Pooling

Posted by Anil <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saji,

Ignite jdbc connection does not need any connection pooling. Creating a
connection in ignite is starting ignite with client mode as true and it is
expensive.

Connection object is thread safe and can be used to run number of queries
in parallel. default connection timeout is 30000 sec [1]

Please use DataSource to better management of connection failures.

[1] -
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/mobile/org/apache/ignite/IgniteJdbcDriver.html

Thanks

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.