Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Bierhance <uf...@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> on 2002/06/02 14:36:58 UTC

Setting up Administration-Webapp in 4.1.x

Hello Tomcat-users,

  I'm using jdk1.4.0 on Win2000. I tried this using several 4.1.x
  prebuilts. Accessing /admin results in an 500...

  org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
  Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

  As I could not find other msgs on tomcat-user/tomcat-dev regarding
  this problem it should be my config. I'm using tomcat out of the
  box, applied no changes to the tomcat-config.

  admin-log says

  2002-06-02 14:08:04
  StandardContext[/admin]: Servlet /admin threw load() exception
  javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class
  org.apache.webapp.admin.ApplicationServlet or a class it depends on

  Searching the web I found that this might be a classpath issue, but
  my system-classpath is empty. I don't know enough about struts to
  figure this out myself.

Regards & Thanks for help,
 Thomas                          mailto:uf4b@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de